Terms & Conditions
the fine print
Terms of Service Disclaimer
©2022 Refocus Behavior, LLC BCBA®, BACB® or any other BACB trademark used is/are registered to the Behavior Analyst Certification Board® (“BACB®”). Refocus Behavior is not in any way sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with the BACB®.
Terms and Conditions
By using the Refocus Behavior website and products you acknowledge that Refocus Behavior is not responsible for students passing the BCBA®/BCaBA®/RBT® exam. We do not guarantee that you will pass the exam. By using the Refocus Behavior website and products, learners acknowledge that many factors will contribute to passing or not passing the BCBA®/BCaBA®/RBT® exam, including but not limited to: comprehensive studying, reading recommended textbooks and materials, taking an exam preparatory workshop, participating in other preparatory programs, online programs, etc.
Reusing Materials Policy
By using the Refocus Behavior website and products, you acknowledge that all exam-related materials, including, but not limited to: Slide Decks, Mock Exams, Workbooks, class meetings, & recordings, are our confidential materials. Prep materials are proprietary and confidential materials and are provided to you for your individual use only.
The material may not be reproduced or distributed, in whole or in part, without obtaining explicit written permission from a C-level employee of Refocus Behavior. All permission must be obtained prior to reproduction or distribution.
Refocus Behavior respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
· On this website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this website.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this website and our social media platforms.
· Video recordings
· Synchronous conversations
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, payment card details, or background information, biographical data and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and/or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us The information we collect on or through our website may include the following:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our website.
· Your search queries on the website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile; please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
· In any other way, we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual without restriction:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including: Credit card payment processors, Cloud storage providers, Customer support tools, IT and security service providers, and Marketing or analytics tool providers
· To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
· To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
· To enforce or apply our terms of service and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
International Data Transfers
Please note that your personal information may be transferred to Company affiliates or subsidiaries operating in countries outside the EEA, including but not limited to the United States. In addition, the service providers and other third parties with whom the Company may share information may be based outside the EEA. Data protection laws may or may not apply in jurisdictions outside the EEA or may not be as stringent as those in the EEA. In any case, the Company will implement appropriate contractual measures to ensure that the relevant Company affiliates and third parties outside the EEA provide an adequate level of protection to your personal information as set out in this Policy and as required by applicable local law.]
Storage Period We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes and any directly-related purposes for which such personal information is collected. We will take into account any legal obligations that require us to retain the personal information for a certain period of time as well as the duration of your use of our website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions] will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Your Rights You are entitled to request access to, correction or deletion of personal information relating to you or restriction of processing or to object to processing of such personal information and other rights in accordance with applicable law. You may also ask for your personal information to be ported to third parties in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to enforce your rights, please contact us.